Dog Nearly Dies From Sugar-Free Gum, Now Mom Is Warning Pet Parents About Fatal Mistake

in Trending

Marcia Gerritz found her dog, Orca, acting very unusual lately. The young and usually energetic Cavalier King Charles spaniel lost his appetite all of a sudden lately. Orca began to vomit small white bits of food, Marcia and her husband raced their much loved dog to the veterinary hospital .

Doctors said Orca was experiencing extreme liver failure and was seriously ill. She was on her death bed, yet her owners had no reason as to why this was happening.Throughout the next week, Orca stayed strong and fought to stay alive in the hospital and ended up making a magical recovery.

However Marcia and her husband spent over $5,000 in vet bills, they will be forever grateful to take her back home.

As it turned out, Orca had nearly died because of one household item found everywhere and anywhere; she had swallowed a stick of sugar-free gum.

Various kinds sugar-free gum contain xylitol, a sweetener used in many food products.

Xylitol gives sugarless gum its nice flavour, but it can be very harmful on a dog’s liver. Sugarless and regular gum can both cause blockages in the intestines.

Now Orca’s health scare is helping to warn pet parents everywhere that leaving gum around the house can have serious consequences.

Take a look a the video below for more information on this story:

If you were moved by this touching story then please SHARE with your friends on Facebook.

Scroll Below To Read More Top Stories From News Actual.